The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently lost a dwarf gourami and have decided to go with another type. I like the pearls and wondering if picking up a male/female would be ok. The tank is 90 gallons. Like the honey gouramis as well. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Carpe Diem
7,562 Posts
Pearls are social fish. I would go 2 males 3 females or more in a 90g tank. They are gorgeous in groups.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I've never kept more than 1 male and 1 female Pearl at a time so I can't comment on a larger group. I have kept just pairs in several tanks over the years and they have done just fine. Your total stocking plan may decide how many you want to consider. In my experience they are great community fish and would do great in a 90. I've currently got a pair in my 125 with some Tiger Barbs, Rainbowfish, an Angel, some Black Skirted Tetras, a couple of Yoyo Loaches and a pair of Bolivian Rams. I really like that they use all levels of the tank and in my experience don't bother plants much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.