The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It started out white and at first I thought it was just a marking it was developing. Today I found it had turned pink like it had been ripped. Could it be columnaris?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, definitely. 15-20 percent water changes every other day. I'm just not sure if the infection has already taken hold though

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay so I quarantined him and treated with maracyn 1 and 2 for a week. Still had the mouth sore. So I treated him at the recommended dose of Melafix. Now he has an extra sore higher up from his mouth. I have no clue what is going on. Quarantine was changed 10 percent everyday and treated with salt. That with the antibiotics should have gotten rid of columnaris so it might be something else. Maybe viral or parasitic?

·
Registered
154 Posts
May be a dumb question, but did you remember to take the carbon out of your filter?

I have personally done two rounds of maracyn I & II back to back (just watch your water parameters!) to treat fish successfully. If you really think it is a parasite, maybe give coppersafe a try.

Do you have a recent pic?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I found it lying dead today. Super super bummed, probably the best fish I had. It wasn't eating for the last couple of days. There was a open sore on top of its head so maybe this was hole-in-head disease?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts