The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I realize that normally Betta and Gourami are a big red flag however I was wondering what about if you had most peaceful type of Gourami(Pearl Gourami) and the more peaceful version of the betta(Female betta), could the two co-exist in the same aquarium without killing each other?

Thanks.

P.S. 75 gallon planted tank

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Depends on the size or the tank.I have always kept Pearls {one of my favorites}and while peaceful they do have there moments.If the tank is big enough so they don't continually run into each other they should be fine.Pearls do get large so that is another thing to consider.Found this from a web site specializing in betta cars.
Pearl Gourami – These are the largest variety of the Gourami Fish because they easily reach a length of four inches or slightly more, and this species looks as if an impressionist painter added his technique to the fish’s body. They are a great fish to add to a tank with your Betta, but because of its size, the tank where it resides should be at least 30 gallons.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends on the size or the tank.I have always kept Pearls {one of my favorites}and while peaceful they do have there moments.If the tank is big enough so they don't continually run into each other they should be fine.Pearls do get large so that is another thing to consider.
Yeah, its a 75 gallon planted tank.

Gourami are such awesome fish!

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
Female bettas are not automatically more peaceful than males, every betta is different. Some won't tolerate ANY tank mates, others will. I'd personally not put bettas with any other member of their Andatnoid family as it could lead to disaster.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Female bettas are not automatically more peaceful than males, every betta is different. Some won't tolerate ANY tank mates, others will. I'd personally not put bettas with any other member of their Andatnoid family as it could lead to disaster.
Do your fear the betta will attack the Gourami even if the tank is established with the Gourami and other community fish, in a large 75 gallon tank?

It would mean the newly introduced female betta would not have any territory to start out with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.