The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just walked by my tank and noticed my male opaline wrapped around my female pearl. Is it possible that they were mating? He was very dark, almost black in color. I can't seem to find any eggs or even a nest.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, thats what I kind of figured. Just wanted to see if any one else had ever had two different types of gouramis mate. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
They are in the same genus, so I'd be surprised if they could not produce hybrid offspring. If this is a community tank, though...don't expect any of the fry to live even if the father did protect them.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is a community tank but I only have 1 bala shark, the 2 gouramis and 7 cory cats. Believe it or not my cories spawned and I didn't notice it until I was counting to see how many I had and there was an extra cory. It's my little miracle fish. I don't really have an extra tank right now, or I would put those two in another tank and see what happens. The past couple of days he's been chasing her around the tank. Which is unusual because he normally leaves her alone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts