The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
No.:smile: Black neons tend to reach 6 cm as the maximum size. My penguins are 7 cm despite the said fact that they can reach 6 cm max.:smile: Pearls don't eat fish anyway but fry are the exception to the rule.

·
Registered
888 Posts
mm.. how come my black neons are not that big?
You just have to wait.:proud: My black neon which was given to me is still growing. I got him at 3 cm and now he is almost 5 cm.:smile: I have yet to buy more as I was late to get them from my friend but the new batch will be 2-3 cm in size. I have fun growing lots of fish.:biggrin:

·
Registered
888 Posts
This one was taken last November I think.:smile:

There's not much pictures. That penguin is 6 cm. I had 10 but 5 left here after a series of columnaris outbreaks last year. Some are blurry as this fish is pretty evasive when it comes to getting a picture. I have yet to take pics even for the evasive black neon.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Now I see why some people are in disbelief. Probably because most lfs sell penguins at a size of only 3 cm?:smile: I had seen some of those during my summer vacation but never bothered to get them until my friend enticed me to get some of his tetras.:icon_mrgr

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
I have 1/2" male Endler's Livebearers in with my 4" Pearl with no problems even though I underfeed all my fish.
other than occasional and brief territorial tit-for-tat with a Flag and a Barb, my Pearl is very well behaved.
I don't know why people think Gouramis are boring because my Pearl is exploring my tank most of the day.
and the best part about my Peal is he's a mostly a mid to top dweller, which works great in my community.

·
Registered
234 Posts
6 cm ! WHAT thats shy of 3 inches. thats impossible. they dont get that big.
are you feeding roids ? :|

·
Registered
888 Posts
6 cm ! WHAT thats shy of 3 inches. thats impossible. they dont get that big.
are you feeding roids ? :|
Now I find myself in front of people in disbelief.:icon_lol: Yes, some are 6 cm. C'mon, mate, anything is possible as long as correct care is given.:proud:

Another thing not even going to be believed as I failed to get a picture as evidence: My friend has a female swordtail at 18 cm. I, myself, did not believe what I was seeing when I visited his home 6 years ago. Yeesh! If I had this pic, I have proof.:icon_mad: Groan...I never knew I'd share in forums 6 years later.:icon_neut

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.