The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well one of the ballast on my PC fixture is crappin out. taking the light apart i find it has a ballast for each lamp. well the chances of finding a single 65 watt ballast is nill so i guess i need a 2x65. so where is a good place to get a nice electric ballast for them?

·
Registered
960 Posts
go to Fulham - Fulham Online - they have a ballist selector page. Workhorse Ballists are top of the line. They should be available at a good lighting shop in your area.
---
I am not sure about inline/mail order on them - but am under the impression that they are used by AHSupply, and perhaps can be ordered from them.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
check the brand of lighting you have and contact the MGF. they should be able to get you an exact replacement. I have a helios fixture I had to order a replacement from and it ran about 35bucks. If thats the brand you happen to have I can point you in the right direction since they are a little hard to track down. I think I still have the order form.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
funny you mention that cause the fixture is a custom sealife. they just got bought out by another company so i cant get parts fromthem. haha

·
Registered
960 Posts
thanks f or the link. now do i need to look for one that will drive 2x65 or just look at total wattage of the unit?
If you go to the fulgram web site, they have both a selector and a wiring diagram section.

For the most part, the eballists will self adjust - so you are mostly dealing with wiring and total watts. The WH5 is a 4x40 ballist - 160 watts. I bet if you use the selector, it will show you a 2x65 wiring diagram for it.
---
I appoligize, I see the confusion now - no 65watt 2 tubes listed. the wh5 is good for a pair of 55, but have no clue what 2x55WPA is, but it uses a wh7.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok. i will look into that. honestly i would be ok if it dropped the bulbs down to 55 watts. the 65x2 is pretty crazy on my 75 with no co2. haha but i am working on that. thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts