The Planted Tank Forum banner

Passion: Need help!

1367 9
SOLVED: Thank you ;) Right now: posting updated images etc.

Pre Note:

> I am new
> Went ambitious with a very small tank
> did a lot of DIY
> was stingy with cash (as I am really low on it currently)

Need:

Anyone in hobby, to give a feedback on an Image. Also to give your advice for future based on the data im about to give

Image: I just planted these monte carlo carpet in my nano aquarium. As the plant came in fresh I started planting it. As seen in videos and advice given by experts. It was not at all easy. My hands where shaking. The tank was too small to maneuver. It was hard getting seperate plants to plant as small bunches. Either they dint have a root or the root was too long. Withing like 15 minutre, the planted to look really dull. As the body heat from my hand was affecting the plant. Felt really bad about how the plant was turning dull by the minute. So here are the questions i wanted to ask.

1. Do you think this tank will survive?

2. Did I do the planting even remotely correct?

3. Some leaves look upside down. Will it sprout from it properly?

4. Planted a few monte carlo without any root structure. But looked fresh with leaves. Will it grow roots?

Tank details:

its 1.5x1 feet tank (smaller than a nano i will say)

using flourish excel + Diy Co2

using leaf zone

substrate is ada soil

I also have a crypt wenditi (doing quite well.. Planted that long before introducing the monte carlo... as couldnt get monte carlo when i got the crypt)

In advance guys, Truly appreciate your time. From the bottom of my heart.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
584 Posts
1. It should if maintained properly. Ask for help if you run into any problems.
Yes, plants need the proper balance of light, CO2, and nutrients to thrive. There are people on this forum who can help you sort out what might be lacking if your plants don't show signs of healthy growth in a couple weeks.

2. Planting looks fine. But maybe pull the Cryptocoryne up a little bit so the crown (center of plant at base where stems branch out from) is exposed at the surface.
I wouldn't mess with it. I have a bunch of Cryptocoryne wendtii and some of them got a bit buried, but are still doing fine. I think there is more risk of damaging the roots by trying to pull it up a bit.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.