The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chello all!!

I bought a Crypt Parva two weeks ago and when I bought it, it was green and stood upright. Now it seems like it is 'drooping' and has turned more into a greenish yellowish color. I will post a pic later on in the evening. What can be the cause? :icon_cry:

My pH is 7.4, Nitrates/Nitrites, Ammonia are at 0, substrate is eco-complete/floramax mix, light 1.45 wpg (55galllons), and I am using a Nutrafin CO2 system. I have started using Florapride last week as a fertilizer and am waiting to see what happens.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Crypts melt from time to time. There is nothing unusual about that. If is is yellowing and dropping and does not melt then it could just be acclimating to its new environment. I don't have any experience with the Parva variety but that's what it sounds like. Crypts are extremely hardy plants that are hard to kill, once they adapt they are even hard to get rid of. I have had some melt all the way to the substrate afterwhich they bounced back bigger and healthier than ever.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Sounds like crypt melt to me. It's common when you first buy them or move them around. Leave it alone and it will grow back. It will look bad for a while, probably, but will suddenly start to put out new leaves.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.