The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for some Parker H3L Metering Valves. If anyone has any good metering for sale I would also be interested.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
these are long gone. Those who are still hoarding it would only sell it for 70+ dollars. You're much better off finding a swagelok metering valve off ebay for cheap.
I've got a stainless steel swagelok SS-2MG4-MH valve with vernier handle if you're interested. 42 dollars shipped

·
Algae Grower
6,444 Posts
I found a chrome ideal valve that's just sitting around. It's new. I'd take $55 shipped for it. Pm me if interested.

·
Carpe Diem
7,563 Posts
A year late, a dollar short.

v3

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
its so late on this lol i can still remember when a guy was parting it away for like $30 on ebay i believe... got my self 5 of them lol !!! xD hoarding maybe =P

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
that the Parker H3L Metering Valve is pricey if you look at the retail on them... $300+ for one... crazy... its a good valve tho i am using one and i got to say i love this thing to death...

i build a regulator with 2 on a co2 tank and had plan on using them for 2 tanks but ended up only using 1 and connecting the 2 tanks with an overflow, now the other valve is on there still and i am to lazy to remove it lol to much turning to loosen it then tape it back and screw it back on .... bla bla bla to much work...

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I just bought one on ebay for 75 bucks last week.
i saw them on ebay a week ago too but i searched recently and couldn't find it anymore. In hindsight we should've mass hoarded those valves when they were still dirt cheap LOL. ahh well I just bought a bunch of other equally good valves for even cheaper.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Out of curiosity, does anybody know why such a little piece of metal retails for $300+ each? What's actually in this thing that makes it so expensive? Is it just the machining of the parts to exact specifications or is there something else going on internally?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
its made of gold buddy lol j/k its just the nice work they put into it it has a turn counter on it which i find good in a way and useless in another...

the good about it is you can always turn it off and go back to where you left off and the bad is we dont look at how many turns we do but more of how many BPS we set it as...

most of all we set it then leave it alone anyways... but thats just my 2 cents, some one on here can give u a more deep detail on why its so costly -.-

·
Carpe Diem
7,563 Posts
No doubt a good valve but there is something to be said for simplicity: I personally prefer Ideal - only 3 main parts, 5 if you count the knob and the knob retaining screw.

v3

1 - 15 of 15 Posts