as someone who depends on my
Lawyers and accountants to keep
ME from landing in the pokey,
Paris's case gets me worried.
I dont buy that for a split second.

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
Not much sympathy............fame is a two edge sword, many want her to go down and be tossed in jail........

And why shouldn't they?
Money should not buy your way out things like DUI, Murder, fraud and other crimes.

It's crazy, she even asked the Governator to pardon her for a DUI and failure to appear in the program. Like she is "a victim of the system". Get in line, I know an entire county jail of folks that fit that description.

Why was she not distraught prior to getting caught and not fulfilling the obligations under the law?

She made her bed, she should sleep in it.
It's no one's fault other than Paris, every bit of it.
Interesting how she is blaming everyone else for her problems.

No remorse.

Regards,
Tom Barr

·
Registered
408 Posts
I dont buy that for a split second.
Ditto. That ditzy, "I didn't know any better" crap doesn't fly with me either. Why does she even need someone to tell her when her license is reinstated? Because she's so hung over that she can't remember?

I have no pity. She could have killed someone. This may well be the best thing that ever happened to her spoiled butt.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Man if I was that rich I would have driver. Drink all you want in the back.:)

I think she was driving home from my school when she was arrested for being under the influence. She was filming something, I think it was a commercial.:) Yeah, drunk while on the job then drove home.:) It might just be a rumor, but...

I got to Long Beach Polytechnic.

"Nothing in This World" - Paris Hilton
2007-04-18 20:32:00
About This Video Song :"Nothing in This World" was released on September 12, 2006 and is the second official single taken from Paris Hilton's debut album "Paris". This song was also the theme song to Paris Hilton's MTV special This is Paris. In United Kingdom, the single was released on November 6, 2006 for the physical sales with the single being possible to download a week earlier. The single made number 12 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Dance Club Play chart and number 89 on the Pop 100.The music video for Nothing in this World was shot by Scott Speer in Los Angeles on September 5th and 6th, 2006, in Pasadena and Long Beach Polytechnic High School, California. In this video, Hilton parodies teen-flick The Girl Next Door with her own mock movie trailer in which the socialite-turned-singer plays a sexy starlet loved and adored by an incessantly teased, teenage neighbor. Elisha Cuthbert, the original Girl star, makes a cameo. The video premiered on September 22 as an AOL First View. The

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I don't think that we should be talking about Paris Hilton just because she's famous and she got in a car crash. Oh no?! Jesus who cares? What would you think if we posted ALL the people who have had different car crashes? Who the hell cares?! Just another person!

Why are we all excited and pretend we don't care if we're all writing about it? Shouldn't we all be "omfg not another one of these threads"?

W/e. I'm just ranting

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
as someone who depends on my
Lawyers and accountants to keep
ME from landing in the pokey,
Paris's case makes me worried,
and the Judge is being harsh
with his sentence due to those
mitigating circumstances.
You hire people to work for you, it is still your choice.
Nothing is stopping you from doing it yourself.

Paris did not have to do that.

Her advisor is also not a lawyer. He did shoddy work perhaps.
Or Paris did not listen, likely the latter. These guys are paid to make sure things do not slip through the cracks.

Also, in this case, Paris was told by CHP in person and asked if she understood what the citation was for and meant and what was required of her. The judge cited that as the reason for her jail sentance.

She's still not taking the blame for any of it.
Maybe when she's locked up for a week she'll think about it, then the last week she'll really be "distraught" and mental.

But I do not think she will change, she'll come out and forget and do the same as before. At 26 and with all the $, she's not likely to change.

Regards,
Tom Barr

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
What I don't understand is why she doesn't just have someone else drive her around. She's incredibly wealthy, how does someone like that get a DUI? I'm sure any barfly around would jump at the idea of a chaffeur after a night of partying. No worries.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I don't think that we should be talking about Paris Hilton just because she's famous and she got in a car crash. Oh no?! Jesus who cares? What would you think if we posted ALL the people who have had different car crashes? Who the hell cares?! Just another person!

Why are we all excited and pretend we don't care if we're all writing about it? Shouldn't we all be "omfg not another one of these threads"?

W/e. I'm just ranting
It's not an issue of car crashes, DUI's, driving with suspended license etc... we're concerned with the outcome of the proceedings surrounding these cases. Sandiegoryu, people don't give a hoot if she crashes cars, but we do care when she tries to use her fame and fortune to her advantage in these situations. And we really get worked up when DA's and Judges dismiss/toss aside cases like these involving celebrities. If the typical (is there one?) American were handed down these charges, there would be severe consequences, so the same should apply to Paris. Being pretty and wealthy shouldn't be a 'get out of jail free' card.

·
Registered
220 Posts
She is one amazing girl. How else can you describe a girl, with no significant accomplishments, who has the whole United states talking about her for years. I mean thats a talent unto itself. You can love her, hate her, or try to ignore her, but she still manages to pop up everywhere.

I still can't believe she drives herself around so much that she could be pulled over that many times. I mean doesn't she have people who work for her, or friends that can drive her around?

·
Registered
336 Posts

W/e. I'm just ranting
Because for some sick reason the majority of people in this country feed off the misery of others.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.