The Planted Tank Forum banner

Parasite?

1060 Views 12 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  aaron5661
I am slightly concerned about 2 of my barbs. They have some odd growths on them. I am concerned they are parasites but they do not look like anything on the web that I have found. The fish are behaving normally and do not appear sick. If this is something, I want to hit it early. Should I treat with an antiparasitic just in case? Any advice would be much apreciated!

(In my not so expert opinion, they do not look like anchor worms)

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,652 Posts
I just pulled an anchor worm off of my sailfin molly. The molly now has popeye because of this nasty crustacean. I am going to start treating with paraguard.

I noticed a similar growth on my molly (new fish) and thought the same thing that it was a scale but I kept an eye on it every morning before work, every night after, and before bed. Come home from work to see that it was longer, thinner, and had branched into a y shape which means it was carrying eggs. I tend to think @touch of sky may very well be correct.

Edit: Here is my thread before I figured out what it was: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/21-fish/1005097-something-hanging-eye.html

· Registered
1,652 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.