The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys about 2 months ago I got a 20 and set it up for a panther fiddler that my girlfriend wanted and as we didn't just want a lifeless tank we bought a couple guppies from the big box pet store and they brought ich to our tank.

we just noticed this today so it has taken a while to become apperant but none the less i wanna take care of the problem.

so my question is how can i cure this ich with out killing the crab??? my rid ich product says not to use with inverts and i know about the whole raise the temp and add salt but i dont know how much salt i can add without affecting the crab???

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
I treated ich in my roomies tank before with shrimp using the API ich and API fungus cure. I've also been doing a 500x normal strength salt dip on my cherries for parasites, but I can't comment on how the crab will handle it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dont have another tank good enough to put him in.

i thought about that too but all my other tanks are overstocked as it is and its hard as hell to catch this guy

leg tip to leg tip hes about 6 inches long

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
dont have another tank good enough to put him in.

i thought about that too but all my other tanks are overstocked as it is and its hard as hell to catch this guy

leg tip to leg tip hes about 6 inches long
Rubbermaid tote and a sponge filter, $20 to setup and keep him safe during treatment?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.