The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My lfs carries several kinds of corys, but I can only remember these two from today's visit. I thought the little Pandas were adorable, but when I came home & Googled them it seems they get to be 2" or larger - same with most corys except Pygmy and a few others.

I'll take a more careful look next time I'm at the store, because I'd like to add corys to my tanks, but I wonder if the Panda or Schartz's would be too large to have a group big enough for them to be comfortable in a 55g tank?

What corys do you folks have and how do you like them? (and how much room do you give them?)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Panda Cory!! Lol I have a few, love them, they are a more sensitive Cory species, but they stay on the smaller size. You could easily fit a school of Cories in a 55g

I have a small school in my 30g community tank and they do fine.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Panda Cory, very active fish and mine never hide, they feel most comfortable in groups of 3 or more it seems, also they are good looking fish to boot

·
Registered
77 Posts
For my 75 I will be getting Schwartz Cory's. They are both great I just like the schwartz better because of how they look, I just like them better. Whatever you get will look good.

Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts