The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting panda garra for a 40b with lots of rocks and plants. Have quite a few buces anchored on rocks. Do I need to worry about the fish knocking these off? The substrate is sand and eco complete....will they be rooting around in this? Thanks

·
Registered
601 Posts
I am getting panda garra for a 40b with lots of rocks and plants. Have quite a few buces anchored on rocks. Do I need to worry about the fish knocking these off? The substrate is sand and eco complete....will they be rooting around in this? Thanks
Ditto what Moleen said here. I've had three for a while and they've not touched my plants except to lounge on them. Beautiful fish.

In other news, does anyone know where I can get some more for a decent price? There are none local to me and everything on the web is $11 and up per fish, which is just a bit too much for me. Where will you be getting yours more?

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Same. I've had a group of 15 and never had any issues at all. Never uprooted or damaged a single plant. They are gentle fish. You'll love 'em! In no time they will start sucking on your hands when you are working in the tank haha.

They do best with higher dissolved oxygen levels (usually requires greater surface agitation) and/or cooler water temps.

Garra flavatra ? Panda Garra ? Seriously Fish

Bump:
Ditto what Moleen said here. I've had three for a while and they've not touched my plants except to lounge on them. Beautiful fish.

In other news, does anyone know where I can get some more for a decent price? There are none local to me and everything on the web is $11 and up per fish, which is just a bit too much for me. Where will you be getting yours more?
I get mine at Imperial Tropicals or Wet Spot. Right now Imperial is out of stock and Wet Spot only has larger ones for $13. Usually they both have them at $5 for young ones. Wet Spot updates their stock every Friday (just gotta keep checking every week to see if they got more in). You can email Imperial (they breed their own).
http://imperialtropicals.com/products/panda-garra-tank-raised?variant=10774107393
http://www.wetspottropicalfish.com/index.php/fish

·
Registered
601 Posts
Same. I've had a group of 15 and never had any issues at all. Never uprooted or damaged a single plant. They are gentle fish. You'll love 'em! In no time they will start sucking on your hands when you are working in the tank haha.

They do best with higher dissolved oxygen levels (usually requires greater surface agitation) and/or cooler water temps.

Garra flavatra ? Panda Garra ? Seriously Fish

Bump:

I get mine at Imperial Tropicals or Wet Spot. Right now Imperial is out of stock and Wet Spot only has larger ones for $13. Usually they both have them at $5 for young ones. Wet Spot updates their stock every Friday (just gotta keep checking every week to see if they got more in). You can email Imperial (they breed their own).
Panda Garra (Garra flavatra) ? Imperial Tropicals
Fish
Thanks! I actually did email Imperial last week. It looks like they're having trouble breeding and getting them in from their breeder. I didn't realize Wet Spot ever had them for $5. If I see them at that price from anyone I'll jump on them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.