The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago I bought 6 Panda Cories for my 55 gallon tank that they are sharing with 12 Rummy Nose and 14 Neon Tetras. They seemed quite sociable at first but now I never see them much. Why is this? There is a good spot behind my driftwood that they always hide in.

Would adding more make them feel more comfortable?

·
Registered
404 Posts
More info on your tank like lighting, plants, etc. I have a 50 gal and also have 6 panda's and they are everywhere in the tank and hardly ever stop swimming around. I also have assorted tetras about 23 my biggest being the black skirts which to me seem like the bullies of the tank but still no real problems. Took them a few days to get use to their surroundings when I first got them but not weeks.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I agree with quiquik on the tank info. Did you change something, move decorations around, etc. My corys have a 55 all to themselves but it wasn't always that way. I had some mid level swimmers that went to another tank and the corys, that were normally all over, started hiding. They have since resumed their collective "snuffling about" but it took about a month. I think that they lost the sense of security of having fish above them as an early warning for a predator.

·
Banned
476 Posts
Add more fish they'll feel more comfortable and come out. I have a school of 6 pandas and they hid all the time. I had a school of tetras also but they still hid. Once I fully stocked the tank they became less shy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.