The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get some water to trickle down from the top of one of my paludarium projects at the moment and am kind of stumped as to how I can do this. I do not want heavy flow, just very light, just enough for some plants to thrive in and have some nice trickles into the water section. I've been considering using small pumps (not sure which ones specifically) with some sort of hosing or tubing that will pump the water to the top. A hob won't reach into the water and there is way too much water output. I'm looking for something really light and small, and something under $10 since I am on a budget. Here's a pic of what I'm necessarily talking about. Some help would be much appreciated :) :) :) :fish:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Most table top fountains have small powerheads that drive them. One thing to think about is the height the water has to be brought up. My 40gph pump can barely reach 9 inches.

One way to produce the trickle is either use a spraybar like the one found with the TOM Dive Mini.

Another way is to have a medium on top that will diffuse the water, like a stainless steel plate or plastic lid with a bunch of holes on it.

Now I know why you'll use the mondo grass. I can't wait to see this paludarium in the works.

·
Registered
618 Posts
depending on how big this is, i'd just get a small pump. doesn't need to be too big, but make sure to check the maximum head (how much it can push up). then just run a tube up and across, pop some holes along itand there you go.

[Ebay Link Removed]

ebay won't let me put up a link so just search "600L/H Internal Aquarium Fish Tank Filter Pump 4 in 1"

·
Registered
471 Posts
I had a water dish once that I used for a pet lizard. It had a reservoir in the bottom for drinking, but the back edge swept up to make an overhang. Through the upright portion was a tube that air bubbled through from a small air pump. The bubbles pushed small amounts of water up the tube to the top, where they trickled back down to the bowl.

I don't know how high something like that would push water, but an adaptation of it might work for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.