The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I have kept green tree pythons in planted, bioactive vivariums for about 6 years. I also have a history with freshwater planted aquariums. That being said, now I'm looking to combine the elements of both land and water. I'm currently in the process of building a paludarium. I plan on having a handful(4-6) neons, some ghost shrimp or maybe a dwarf mexican crawfish. I don't have any plans for land inhabitants just yet. I might toss in a praying mantis that is compatible with the rainforest type biome that I'm try to reproduce, but we'll see. On land, I'll be growing an assortment of tropical plants. In the water portion, I'll be growing some low/medium light plants (swords, crypts, anubias, frog bit, java moss, etc). In my fish tank days, I used 4 X T5 HO 6500K with CO2 injection in my 125g long. In my vertically oriented, planted python vivs I used Jungle Dawns. This time I'd like to try the Finnex 24-7 or something similar. My enclosure is 48" long, 24" deep and 22" tall.

Do you think the finnex 24-7 line up will suit my needs? If so, which one should I get? They have the 27-7 in the following models...hlc, alc, klc, crv

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
75g, 33L, 2g and play tanks
641 Posts
So I wrote a bunch of stuff. Basically I said a bunch of things boiling down to I eventually ended up with the Fluval 3.0 cause it was the one on sale at the time so it was about the same as the Finnex. I do really enjoy the functionality of the phone app though.

But then I found this on the site. I would just read this to make your choice.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I wrote a bunch of stuff. Basically I said a bunch of things boiling down to I eventually ended up with the Fluval 3.0 cause it was the one on sale at the time so it was about the same as the Finnex. I do really enjoy the functionality of the phone app though.

But then I found this on the site. I would just read this to make your choice.
Amazing info! That really helps. Thanks so much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.