The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Frawg, et al
I am still interested in my project. I am considering doing a Paludarium however. Would the D. imitator frogs you mentioned to me still be an option? I am thinking of the following scenario (plan view)

Probably put a pair femaile bettas in the water, the water will be 3-4 inches deep.

Let me know what you think about this idea.

chaz

·
Registered
160 Posts
As long as you include some small bromeliads besides the open water, I think they'd be fine. "Wall" vivariums are very cool. The foamed approach works really well for this.

You also want to make sure that there are plenty of easy ways to get out of the water, PDFs are not always the greatest of swimmers and can easily drown if they cannot find an easy way out of deeper water.

Scott
Sanford, Maine

·
Registered
157 Posts
Just as a note, imitators spend pretty much all of their time up in the higher reaches of the plant cover. You dont give dimensions, but it looks like you have alot of open space between wall and water, which would go unused with imitators. None of mine ever leave their bromeliads at the top of the wall. Id suggest either plant that area heavily to provide cover, or eliminate some of that open space by sloping the back wall and covering it in broms.

And frogbroms.com is definately my favorite place to order from. Antone has a great selection of broms at the best prices ive seen

Good Luck,

Pat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts