The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
►◊Ö Ï Ç◊◄
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I was wondering if anyone on PTF might have the Palm Treo, Samsung SCH-i730 or Motorola Q as a PDA/Smart phone. I have seen and played with the Palm Treo 700 ($399) but I think they are a little over priced, wide and heavy. My current cell phone is up for renewal and was wondering if anyone currently had one of the 3 listed and how they like it. I also heard the Motorola Q is nice but battery life does not last long when connected WiFi so good idea to buy extra battery pack. Have not heard anything on the Samsung SCH-i730 but the price on the Samsung and Motorola at $199 which is allot better looking than $399.
I already looked around on the internet for reviews but this is just from one person that give there input on that certain phone. I would like to know a little more before I buy.
Thanks

·
Everyone has an opinion
1,677 Posts
OK I was wondering if anyone on PTF might have the Palm Treo, Samsung SCH-i730 or Motorola Q as a PDA/Smart phone. I have seen and played with the Palm Treo 700 ($399) but I think they are a little over priced, wide and heavy. My current cell phone is up for renewal and was wondering if anyone currently had one of the 3 listed and how they like it. I also heard the Motorola Q is nice but battery life does not last long when connected WiFi so good idea to buy extra battery pack. Have not heard anything on the Samsung SCH-i730 but the price on the Samsung and Motorola at $199 which is allot better looking than $399.
I already looked around on the internet for reviews but this is just from one person that give there input on that certain phone. I would like to know a little more before I buy.
Thanks
I had a TREO 600 and now a TREO 700P, love(d) them both. The 700 battery lasts a very long time, goes for days using phone only. I have yet to get a battery warning, I have unlimited wifi use. I paid less for my 700P than you are quoting for the Q.......DC

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Depending on what you actually want to do with it, the treo is a great unit. I got the 70p about 2 months ago and I wouldnt go back. It is a great organizer and a fantastic phone. I think the wifi DC refers to is a data plan from your carrier. The 700 does not have wife support. But you dont need wifi with the internet radio built in. You can also edit and store word and excel docs on the 700 and you can only LOOK at documents on the Q. I seriously considered both, and for the money and performance, the 700 was the choice for me. There is of course blackberrys that people love. I just like the fact I can add applications, games, etc to the palm. And I also think the palm platform is a lot more stable than the windows based units.

I LOVE the formfactor and weight of the palm 700 and its the best "phone" I have ever owned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.