The Planted Tank Forum banner

Pairing GBR

497 3
Hi all. So I just got this German Blue Ram among with many more things from a local hobbyist that was getting rid of all his stuff and fish.
I had a week ago purchased 5 other GBR, but they seem to all be female. In any case, they are way smaller than this one. So I imagine they are at different ages as well.
My question is: does this difference in size a problem? Could he hurt one of them badly? Can they still pair up past adulthood? As in, if I put 2 females (in a GBR setup tank) with him do I have a nice chance he will pair with a female?
Thanks!

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
If you place him with all the females his aggression will be spread around instead of him singling out 1 or 2. Plus, it will give him a wide variety of mates to choose from when it's time to get down to business. BTW he's a spectacular specimen.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you place him with all the females his aggression will be spread around instead of him singling out 1 or 2. Plus, it will give him a wide variety of mates to choose from when it's time to get down to business. BTW he's a spectacular specimen.
Thanks for your feedback! Yea, he is beautiful. I don't think he is 100% german blue as his coloration differences somewhat but I wanna bread him nonetheless.
I upload one more image so you see the difference in size! He is currently with 2 females, i might up that up to three then.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.