The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a recommendation for a straight Paintball to CGA-320 adapter that will let me run a CGA-320 regulator on a paintball canister? Even better, one from a reputable source (not Amazon) that you've used with a Red Sea reg?

I've gotten two duds on Amazon, the Aquatek adapter that gets linked here a lot, and a JARDLI brand adapter that had reasonable reviews. Neither will screw more than 1.5 turns into my regulator. The threads are slightly too big. I checked diyco2regulator.com but it looks like the same blue adapter. CO2Art sells one but it's an elbow and would create a top-heavy, unbalanced setup.

I can't figure out what's going on other than to blame it on poor adapter manufacturing. I have pretty normal gear, a new CGA-320 Red Sea regulator and new Tippmann canister. So many people use paintball I wasn't anticipating any problems when I bought them. I double-checked the threading on the reg by confirming it screws onto the paintball canister. It goes all the way on and seats firmly against the nylon washer. I've used a Red Sea setup in the past and never had issues with 5# tanks either. I can't go with a 5# on this aquarium for lack of a spot to secure it safely. (The space is so tight I was determinedly using cartridges until I stumbled on a new in box Red Sea reg on fleabay and caved.)

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
Did you figure it out? I have this question too.

paintball valve with 1/8 npt port
and
1/8npt to 1/4 npt hex nipple, stainless steel type that can withstand 1800+ psi working pressure.

the small two stage diaphragm regulator in the picture is a 1/4 npt port inlet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts