The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious if anyone has had this issue. I have had some trouble with my paintball setup, I have noticed if I allow the tank to run empty when I go to have it refilled the pinvalve will no longer hold air. The tanks which I have not allowed to run empty seem to be fine so far.

I am using a Taam Dual regulator with a solenoid if it makes any difference. I know that with playing paintball we shoot until there is nothing viable left in the tank, do regulators mess up the pins if allowed to run them empty? This is the 2nd tank I have had this happen to, consequently both tanks were Guerrilla brand. Both have a good hydro until 2013 if it matters.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I've used paintball cylinders with regulators for several years and never had a pin valve issue while running them empty. The only pin valve failure I've had was the result of dropping it.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. Both of these tanks were brand new, both only lasted through one fill and use. I have done some research on these cylinders and it seems that pin failure is a pretty common thing. I just ordered 3 Pure Energy cylinders hopefully with better results.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.