The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out and about just browsing around a sporting goods store when I spotted some small Paintball Gun CO2 canisters and wonder if those were possible to use as a CO2 tank.

The reason I asked is a 24 oz bottle refill is only $4 or so, and if I get two or three, it would be easy swapping out.

How long would a 24 oz CO2 bottle last in a 38g tank? Has anyone had experience or know of a specific regulator that would fit into one of those canisters?

I live in North Jersey, and I'm not sure of any place around me that refills CO2 tanks and this was the first one I found, but they only refill paintball bottles. If anyone in North Jersey know of place, preferably close to the George Washington Bridge, please send me a PM thanks!

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Yeah, but a 10lb CO2 refill only costs you $20 to $30, maybe (depending where you live)? That should last you for over 5 months at maybe 4 bps. With a paintball CO2 tank, 1 to 2 months top. You can use pretty much any regulator but you do need to purchase an adapter to fit the regulator to the paintball CO2 tank.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, but a 10lb CO2 refill only costs you $20 to $30, maybe (depending where you live)? That should last you for over 5 months at maybe 4 bps. With a paintball CO2 tank, 1 to 2 months top. You can use pretty much any regulator but you do need to purchase an adapter to fit the regulator to the paintball CO2 tank.
The problem is I really don't know where to find a place to fill a CO2 bottle at. If anyone knows around North Jersey, please let me know.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
The problem is I really don't know where to find a place to fill a CO2 bottle at. If anyone knows around North Jersey, please let me know.
Can you google it? Welding places and home brewery stores...places that fill up fire extinguishers...

I got my 10lb tank here....filled up and delivered it
http://www.aquariumplants.com/Aluminum_CO2_Cylinders_CO2_tanks_CO2_cannisters_p/t.htm

Considering a 10lb tank can run you up $90+. I haven't looked up yet where to refill mine too, in NYC. I figure that I won't need a refill until sometimes new year...:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.