The Planted Tank Forum banner

Paintball co2

1391 Views 20 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  tenthe
Can you use paintball co2 for aquarium?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
492 Posts
I heard that paintball tanks have oils that can harm the fish.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Really? Do you have a reliable source for the information? In all the years I've been doing this and been a member of the forum I have never heard anything like this. Not trying to refute you but I am highly skeptical. Consider all the folks using these systems not to mention the regulator manufacturers. You'd think if that was a real issue it would come up frequently.

Also doesn't make sense from a paintball standpoint either; when dealing with compressed gases you'd want nothing else going through the regulation equipment. Oil can diesel under pressure.

· Registered
114 Posts
I have two paintball set ups on different tanks. I absolutely love it. I have the aquatek regulator and it works flawlessly. I have it hooked up to a timer and it's never failed me yet in the 1.5 years I've had it. I have two 24oz tanks and two 20 oz tanks. I just bought the smaller tanks on amazon for 20 bucks each. Dicks sporting goods still fills them and it's 5 bucks. There's also a paintball place right near me that fills them for 4 bucks each.

· Registered
57 Posts
On my 36 gallon a 24oz paintball tank lasts 6-8 weeks. I would advise buying 2 tanks so you always have a full replacement available.
I don't really need a high bps. Is there a way to maximize the time between refills? Since the aquatek mini is set at 50 psi, I was wondering if there was leeway for user input variability to make the system last longer?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.