Jshaw what paintball tank is it

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

How much does it cost? And also can u fill it up with regular co2

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
How much does it cost? And also can u fill it up with regular co2
CO2 is CO2. A PB tank is filled with the same CO2 as a standard tank. PB tanks can be bought at many sports/gun sales stores and even Dick's used to sell them. You have your choice of various sizes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Jshaw what paintball tank is it

As JRman83 pointed out, any paintball tank will work as long as it is a CO2 tank. The Compressed Air tanks are more expensive so I don't think that will be a problem. I have my tanks filled at the local paintball place here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I heard that paintball tanks have oils that can harm the fish.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I heard that paintball tanks have oils that can harm the fish.

Really? Do you have a reliable source for the information? In all the years I've been doing this and been a member of the forum I have never heard anything like this. Not trying to refute you but I am highly skeptical. Consider all the folks using these systems not to mention the regulator manufacturers. You'd think if that was a real issue it would come up frequently.

Also doesn't make sense from a paintball standpoint either; when dealing with compressed gases you'd want nothing else going through the regulation equipment. Oil can diesel under pressure.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes OP you can. Since we are on the topic of paintball CO2,

Is paintball CO2 synonymous with 'pressurized co2'?

Following that, is yeast mix CO2 called 'DIY CO2'?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have two paintball set ups on different tanks. I absolutely love it. I have the aquatek regulator and it works flawlessly. I have it hooked up to a timer and it's never failed me yet in the 1.5 years I've had it. I have two 24oz tanks and two 20 oz tanks. I just bought the smaller tanks on amazon for 20 bucks each. Dicks sporting goods still fills them and it's 5 bucks. There's also a paintball place right near me that fills them for 4 bucks each.

·
Registered
57 Posts
On my 36 gallon a 24oz paintball tank lasts 6-8 weeks. I would advise buying 2 tanks so you always have a full replacement available.
I don't really need a high bps. Is there a way to maximize the time between refills? Since the aquatek mini is set at 50 psi, I was wondering if there was leeway for user input variability to make the system last longer?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts