The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SCAPEr
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just wanted to tell you I just bought another 10G petco sale and 20lb eco-complete.

Now the setup!

btw this is how you plant submerged right? not too much/ little water? Should I gas my Co2 into this immersed setup (air tight with food wrap)? Anyone ever done this? First timer hehe.

Comments/ concerns appreciate it!

btw I used 2 pots of HC. One pot has been submerged for about 1 month with co2 and another pot I just bought on sunday. You can see the front row is darker green because it was submerged in the water already.

Attachments

·
Registered
733 Posts
im also currently doing an emersed start for my hc, and i just filled the water up to the bottom of the substrate (mine slopes from front to back). i put cling-wrap over the top, and poked small holes (with a pin) in it every couple of inches. i mist the tank every morning to keep it moist/humid.

the hc should be able to acquire all the co2 it needs from the atmosphere, no need to inject it during a dry start (from what i've read).

·
SCAPEr
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im also currently doing an emersed start for my hc, and i just filled the water up to the bottom of the substrate (mine slopes from front to back). i put cling-wrap over the top, and poked small holes (with a pin) in it every couple of inches. i mist the tank every morning to keep it moist/humid.

the hc should be able to acquire all the co2 it needs from the atmosphere, no need to inject it during a dry start (from what i've read).

yeah im doing a little flat slope too. That is why I use the folded white towel in the middle to keep the tank tilted back. Its kinda cool because I just use the water surface as my ruler to keep my slope straight up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.