The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the research phase and scouring ebay for parts. I've looked at some builds by bettatail and I've got a good idea of what I need for parts (this isn't my first build) I'm just having trouble finding the right regulator.

I'm going with a paintball canister instead of the real thing because of space issues. This small tank is also too far away to hook into my current system. But I'm not crazy enough to just put a needle valve on an ASA valve and call it a day.

Regulators I've come across are:

APTech 170990089736
Not sure about this one, don't mind a single gauge regulator, just not sure I could modify that crazy long arm.

Western Medica 251430374202
I'm trying not to get caught up in the shiny-ness of it. I can't really find any info about the connection port sizes. That yoke could be removed and I'm ok with a preset output.

Matheson 3104C 380756408699
There are plenty like this on ebay, I couldn't find any info on it by searching the model number. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I've been having this problem with all the regs I search for.

What I really want is a small regulator so that the paintball canister doesn't look stupid and is unsafe (toppling and such). I'm ok with single stage, and preset output (as long as it's not crazy high), and single gauge. I can get an ASA valve with a pressure gauge on it for the bottle.

Maybe I just need to wait longer....

·
Registered
33 Posts
I recently purchased the Aquatek from Amazon and it does the job. Only issue is the needle valve is VERY touchy. Even a tiny adjustment will change the output by quite a bit. I had to play with it for a while to get it set right. Otherwise it seems to be a decent regulator.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am also thinking long term. With a real regulator I can upgrade it to a real CO2 tank at some point in the future.

I've read enough reviews about aquatek and their customer service to stay well away.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I am also thinking long term. With a real regulator I can upgrade it to a real CO2 tank at some point in the future.

I've read enough reviews about aquatek and their customer service to stay well away.
I think the GLA can be put on a regular tank. They just added a fitting to make it work with a paintball tank. Aquaticlife also makes a small one that works with a regular thank but if you get a fitting works with paintball as well. How big is your tank?

Amazon.com: CO2 Regulator with Solenoid Valve: Pet Supplies

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.