The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hello Im a novice shrimp keeper and had my tank 3rd ADA tank. I went from a ADA mini to the ADA 45p to the ADP 60P. I need help with my paintball co2 setup that I currently have. It is a 24oz tank with a nice regulator attach to the canister with a soleniod. My question is I just bought a 10lb filled co2 tank and I want to remove the paintball regulator and use it with my new 10lb tank. Do I need some kind of adapter for my paintball regulator? I been trying to search for one but all I come up with is adapters to convert for paintball tank. Please help.

thank you

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hello Im a novice shrimp keeper and had my tank 3rd ADA tank. I went from a ADA mini to the ADA 45p to the ADP 60P. I need help with my paintball co2 setup that I currently have. It is a 24oz tank with a nice regulator attach to the canister with a soleniod. My question is I just bought a 10lb filled co2 tank and I want to remove the paintball regulator and use it with my new 10lb tank. Do I need some kind of adapter for my paintball regulator? I been trying to search for one but all I come up with is adapters to convert for paintball tank. Please help.

thank you
I could be wrong about this but I don't think your paintball regulator is designed to work with the higher pressure that the 10# tank has (1800 psi). I think paintball tanks are around 800 psi. I would double check before hooking it up. Hopefully somebody who knows for sure will post.

·
Plant Clown
4,735 Posts
I could be wrong about this but I don't think your paintball regulator is designed to work with the higher pressure that the 10# tank has (1800 psi). I think paintball tanks are around 800 psi. I would double check before hooking it up. Hopefully somebody who knows for sure will post.
CO2 is liquid at around 800 psi, not 1800. Paintball and industrial cylinder pressures are the same.

I don't know of any adapters that go from paintball to CGA, so my guess is you're out of luck. However, I don't know exactly what regulator you have. Perhaps the connector can be replaced? Unlikely, but worth checking out.

·
Registered
143 Posts
CO2 is liquid at around 800 psi, not 1800. Paintball and industrial cylinder pressures are the same.

I don't know of any adapters that go from paintball to CGA, so my guess is you're out of luck. However, I don't know exactly what regulator you have. Perhaps the connector can be replaced? Unlikely, but worth checking out.
Good to know. Thanks! I wasn't sure about it but thought I remembered reading that somewhere on here and didn't want the OP to possibly ruin his regulator. But then again, I have read sooooo much stuff here it can be hard to keep it straight sometimes.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

thank you for your help and confirming about the psi I was a little worried if this regulator can handle a bigger tank but if its the same psi then I have nothing to worry about. I can't seem to find the right adapter so maybe I can just change out the connector? here is a better view of this setup. This regulator is made by Victor Medical? When I upgraded my tank this co2 setup came with my tank purchase so I did not built this myself. All I know is it works but I now have a bigger tank and no way to use the regulator. If I can just change the connector can you point me to which kind to get? thank you

·
Plant Clown
4,735 Posts
Aah, I didn't realize the first pic was from you, OP. Yes, you can connect that to a CGA320. A CGA320 nipple will screw directly into the regulator (it's a 1/4" NPT port). Just remove that fitting that connects the regulator to the on/off valve and replace it with a CGA320 nipple, with a nut on it. The nipple and nut are available, cheapest, through a Western Enterprises retailer like AirGas, for $10 or less.

For the outlet, I'd add a gauge. Instead of going straight to the solenoid (I assume you have a 1/4" NPT to 10-32 NPT fitting), remove the fitting from the reg, and attach a MFF 1/4" NPT tee to the reg. Buy a basic gauge that has a max pressure of between 50 and 100 psi and screw it into the tee. You don't need one, but it'll tell you what the working pressure is. But if you're comfortable without it, you don't need one, and can leave the solenoid where it is.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Aah, I didn't realize the first pic was from you, OP. Yes, you can connect that to a CGA320. A CGA320 nipple will screw directly into the regulator (it's a 1/4" NPT port). Just remove that fitting that connects the regulator to the on/off valve and replace it with a CGA320 nipple, with a nut on it. The nipple and nut are available, cheapest, through a Western Enterprises retailer like AirGas, for $10 or less.

For the outlet, I'd add a gauge. Instead of going straight to the solenoid (I assume you have a 1/4" NPT to 10-32 NPT fitting), remove the fitting from the reg, and attach a MFF 1/4" NPT tee to the reg. Buy a basic gauge that has a max pressure of between 50 and 100 psi and screw it into the tee. You don't need one, but it'll tell you what the working pressure is. But if you're comfortable without it, you don't need one, and can leave the solenoid where it is.

Wow man thank you for the guide I just found the CGA320 nipple on eBay [Ebay Link Removed] 320 Nut Nipple w Washer CO2 Carbon Dioxide Fittings x 1 4" NPT Co 2 Co 3 | eBay[/url] I think this will work. For the part about adding a gauge Im not sure what I need for adding the gauge and still keep the solenoid. Would be cool to add a gauge what a great idea.:smile2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.