The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which way is the paintball tank supposed to sit?

I see them standing in a lot of pictures.. but with my regulator with the attached bubble counter, it has to lay down on its side to keep the bubble counter vertical.

thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Really dependa on ur flow. Paintball cans have a siphon tube in them. Most guns have them placed horizontally. T.ube actually goes down the tank and back up close to the neck. My ten gallon is run off a 16oz bottle horizontally. I have no liquid c02 problems. If it was pushing enough c02 to chill the bottle. It would absolutely be a problem

·
Registered
471 Posts

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Really dependa on ur flow. Paintball cans have a siphon tube in them. Most guns have them placed horizontally. T.ube actually goes down the tank and back up close to the neck. My ten gallon is run off a 16oz bottle horizontally. I have no liquid c02 problems. If it was pushing enough c02 to chill the bottle. It would absolutely be a problem
siphon tubes are not standard in paintball tanks and are either added or cost extra from the start.

Read "anti-siphon".

If you are running a "real" regulator and not a flow valve, there is a good risk to the regulator when running it horizontally. Also, that anti siphon tube would be bad if you put the tank vertical. It also would be bad if you do not put the tank in the proper direction, as the tube is L shaped and would pull from the bottom.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.