The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with these species together in a tank? I am special ordering 11-13 P. gertrudae for my tank. A LFS has two lonely female P.furcatus. I was thinking of rescuing them, but only if they might happily shoal with the P.gertrudae. They look similar, so I thought it might be a possibilty. I don't plan to build a separate group of P.furcatus, I just feel badly for the two "left behind" fish. Would rescuing them be in their best interest?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I kept them together for some time. There was not much interaction except some nipping which I guess is to be expected. The furcatas were definitely larger than the gertrudae. Temperament wise, they seemed almost the same though furcatas seemed much more active.
Sadly we had a blackout for 3 days and I forgot that no surface agitation is generally not good, the pH went to about 4 and killed all the furcatas :( I still have my aru II swimming about.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.