The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Discus freak
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello tpt members, I've always been a planted tank guy.. when I got introduced to discus, I sold most of my equipment for planted tanks and got my self some fish... I started to miss my old hobby and decided to give it another shot.. I've been collecting small pieces of equipment here and there, and I'm almost complete.

I wanted to share my experience with you guys here, It also helps me keep track of my progression.
TANK:
50 Gallon TALL (36x15x22) w/ black stand

SUBSTRATE
I'm using POOL FILTER STAND as my substrate, also using root tabs to provide my plants with nutrients.
LIGHTING

48 inch Oddysea 260watt fixture. ( 9 hour photoperiod)

x2 6.5k bulbs
x2 10k bulbs

Filtration

Magnum 350 external canister filter (rated @ 100g)

Co2 Injection

I will be going pressurized, I purchased a aquatek regulator w/ electric solenoid and needle valve, Will be getting my cylinder this weekend

Dry Fertilizer Nutrients .

I will be dosing trace elements, with potassium and No4 to my tank, this should keep my plants good and healthy. I dose using the EI CHART, root tabs will be added to heavy rooters.

For now I don't have much to show, I set up my lights, substrate & filter system.. Once my Co2 gets up and going I will be adding the Ferts and a ton of plants, I'll keep you guys updated.

·
Discus freak
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is how many planted tank looks now.

AS OF 12/23/12
I picked up a peacock eel and a Germany ram, and some rummy nose tetras.. Very nice growth. I moved up the lights about 9 inches from the top of the tank to prevent algae growth.. Very good results.. Here is a few pics enjoy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.