The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was sold to me as an Ozelot Sword, but the leaves are round and uniformly green... not like the pics I have looked at. Any thoughts?

But, my question really is why I have leaves coming in at the base but not growing taller.

Here is a pic. http://www.flickr.com/photos/supracoracoideous/3960279899/in/set-72157621868170711/

It has gotten thicker since then, but no taller.

46 gallons. Water is hard with a pH slightly over 8. 76F. dose Flourish and Flourish Excel every day or two. Amm 0, Ni 0, and Na always under 5, closer to 1 or 2 usually.

Thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 78w with 46 gl. I do have algae, but its not too bad. I have been meaning to buy root tabs, but I think I am going to rescape and add some Ecocomplete to part of my tank. I just thought growing leaves with no stalks was odd.

The lighting point makes sense, but i didnt think i had more that moderate lighting, not even 2w/gl. My vals are growing new leaves that are pretty thin, compared to the leaves that were there when I bought it. About half the width.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My lights were on for 14 hours, but algae started up so i took 4 hours out in the middle of the day, so 10 total now. I will have to look more into what species is. I didnt quite think it looked like the Melon, but I will have to see what it grows into after i add fertilizers...

Thanks for the help. Anything else ppl want to add will be appreciated, too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts