The Planted Tank Forum banner

OVT's 30g Shallow Cube Riparium --> A Bunch of Fibs and Honest Lies

44507 173
The Tank:
rimless, regular glass "shallow cube" by Mr. Aqua @ 24" x 24" x 12"H.

I have been looking for this tank for 6 months: ADA does not make it, GLA is out of stock and is not answering my emails, DB has a black rim on the bottom and black silicone. So, the Mr Aqua's MA-610 turned out to be my only viable choice.

The quality is pretty acceptable, especially for $160:

The above is the worst area I found so far: the back of the left panel is slightly mis-aligned and you can see the silicon work. Hm. I hope it holds water. The side panels's thickness appears to be 5mm, with the bottom significantly thicker.

This tank will replace my 10g that I picked up while looking for this tank.

The tank's location is a bit awkward: it will sit on a 10.5' long x 32" high x 24" wide divider between the Living and Dinning rooms. That divider already houses my 120-P and 60-P tanks:

View from the house entrance:

View from the Dinning room:

You can see the existing 10g on the very left on the picture above. (my wife is a Saint, ... or close).
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Re: OVT's 30g Shallow Cube Riparium --> Design Stage (56K)

Shallow tanks are the wave of the future! It's not bad looking can't wait to see the progress!

I like the first layout, I think it will provide for the option of a more dynamic look in the hardscape.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Re: OVT's 30g Shallow Cube Riparium --> Flood-ed

Coming along nicely!! Always amazed at your plants, simply gorgeous!! Is that aromatica in the sink/tub?

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Re: OVT's 30g Shallow Cube Riparium --> Initial Planting

On my way. Get the Master Bedroom ready and don't forget the steaks for the pup. I do assume open bar?
I might stop at Frank's and pull some of his crypts on the way home.
Oohh wwee that escalated quickly ;) I do have some really good centinial Mexican tequila haha

In regards to the plants, not sure you could really add much more without taking some out first... Hrm

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Re: OVT's 30g Shallow Cube Riparium --> NPK dosage recalc

Generally the custom filtration/overflow Is easier before the tank is planted, however I am sure we can figure something out :D

It's looking great!! Curious, what dosing calculator is that.. Well ok I can see the title do you have a link?? Lol

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
That's a bummer on the fish :(

Wonder if maybe a different type of light output would keep the surface plants from burning up? Like an led screw in type, may not make a lick of difference though

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Have you seen their 12*12*24"h? Not listed anywhere either. This tank could be interesting... I was toying with the idea of putting the tall one inside the shallow cube for a cascading ripparium build. Maybe some day.

v2
That would be very cool :)

On a side note, always jealous on how pretty your plants are ;)

I need to hurry up with my new led fixture!!!

Sent from... The BEYOND via tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.