The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are just so many out there! A lot of these are pretty expensive, and it's hard to know what's worth the money and what's not...
Sorry if this is just too broad, but could some of you share your experiences with different products? Or maybe just a few that really stick out to you?

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
there is a thread some where on here maybe a page or 2 down about products. me right now i keep it simple. i got sample food with the shrimp i got and i feed spinach and i use ro water so i just remineralize with salty shrimp gh+. i do have a small bottle of prime but have not used it in the shrimp tank

·
Registered
381 Posts
I just have Salty Shrimp GH+ and Jake's food. I don't do anything else and they breed, molt, do shrimp things just as happy as can be. I would be paranoid adding to many products anyways in case something went wrong.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Mineral and RO water as basic

Bleach and dechlorine if you want to quarantine your plant/moss first

Basic maintenance with bacterial dosing every week or after filter maintenance or when doing huge water change

Promote molting product

Protection product

--------------------------
Optional
Shrimplet food, to create biofilm (algae at your tank)

Ph and gh controller product (blame the stone or soil increase gh and ph)

Nitrate controler product (I HATE NITRATE)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Shrimp products are very popular, and each one claims to do more and more for your shrimp colony. IME unless you are working with expensive, sensitive shrimp like high grade CRS or something you really dont need them. As long as your water params are good you just pick a quality shrimp food, MAYBE a baby food, and let them go nuts. If youre running any kind of neos you will soon be overwhelmed with more shrimp than you know what to do with.

·
Registered
562 Posts
You're so right! There is so much stuff for shrimps on the market it can be a bit overwhelming. I have seen a few people on the site who sell sample packs of differen items so that you can try before you buy. +1 on what bostoneric said about some of the essentials. As far as foods go my shrimp love Jake's veggie sticks and veggie complete. My shrimps go bonkers for mulberry leaves and blanched kale as well.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I think someone should start a list of shrimp supplements and put them into different categories depending upon what they do. So a list of all the bacteria supplements, water conditioners, minerals, etc...
People need to know that benibachi crimson balls, Borneowild bee balls, Ebiken Shou are similar products with the same function but different brands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.