The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, in my 10 gallon, I made a revised stocking list...

I'm running an Eheim 2213, so I want your opinions...

x6 Celestial Pearl Danios or Cardinal Tetras
x2 Mated Pair of Betta akarensis
x4 Otocinclus
x6 Pygmy Cories

Misc Shrimp and snails...

Honestly, with good filtration, doesn't the inch per gallon not apply?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
The inch per gallon rule isnt really used in regards to filteration.
Its a matter of fish having the proper room to live and co habitate with others.
In a 10gl, I'd say thats very overstocked.
A 10gl tank is only 10gls when it's empty. Once you add some substrate, hardscape, plants and equipment, you reduce the over all living/swimming areas/capacity.
You could probs do 8 of the Celestial Pearl Danios, or 6 or 7 of the Cardinals, or one pair of the betta's.
One of the above choices, alongside the 4 ottos, and I'd probs only go with 5 of the pygmy corries.
You have to remember, that the fish also inhabit the different littoral zones of the water column.

You're fish choice is very nice though, but I'd be more careful with stocking numbers, on whichever species you do choose.

SrS

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Your pushing the limits of oxygen content. A 10 gallon tank can only support just so much oxygen transfer with the amount of surface area it has. I have 8-10 CPDs & 6 or 7 Emerald Dwarf Rasboras in my 10 gal & even with a lot of surface agitation I'm going to start moving adults to the 58 when the population gets a little bigger.

Tommy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.