- Micro Swords
- Wisteria
- Java Fern

Fauna

- 6 Amano Shrimp
- 2 Red Cherry Shrimp
- 2 Otocinclus
- 2 Zebra Danios

The tank does not feel or look overstocked and the fauna looks content...

Comments?​

·
Super Moderator
11,971 Posts
It doesn't appear overstocked, but I would remove the Zebra Danios as they are very active fish and would enjoy a much larger tank with extra space to swim around in.

The Sword will outgrow your 1.5g tank very quickly.

Not too sure why you have an undergravel heater; most people agree that there is no extra benefit for plants, and it incurs and additional cost, etc.

·
Registered
66 Posts
yes the amazon and melon swords will out grow your tank in a matter of weeks if the tank is well taken care of and the plants are flourishing

i would also agree the zebra danio should be in a larger tank because they are very active fish and need alot of space to swim around

·
Registered
96 Posts
Danios are a very active schooling fish, a 1.5 is too small and 2 is too little. I would just have a handful of cherries in there, maybe a pair ottos eventually if you run into algae problems.

As far as plants go look into the smaller varieties, much of what you list won't look proportional and will truly make your tank look like a 1.5 gallon.

Check out the planted nano tank section in this forum to get an idea of better plant options. Also flip through the same forum good lighting ideas others use for 1.5 gallon planted tanks. Do lots of research!

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Definitely not enough space for the danios. They like to swim very fast, back and forth across the length of their tank, and obviously they cannot do that in yours. I'm sure they look "content" but that's not the same thing as being happy and doing what they would rather be doing.

The otos are questionable too. If they are young ones, and therefore still small, it's probably okay for now... but eventually you should move them to a larger tank. Obviously the shrimp are okay in there, and they do a decent job of cleaning the types of algae that otos clean, so that means that the otos aren't even necessary in there. I definitely think you should look into finding a bigger home for them as well in the near future.

Pygmy cories would probably be okay, if you only got about 3 or 4 of them, and they would provide a similar level of activity that you get from otos (probably more, since they are a fraction of the size of otos!)...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts