The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of my levels are fine but I am wondering if I am overstocked. I have in a 20g high planted, 1 ram, 2 endlers, 2 ottos, 6 flame tetras, 5 cardinals, and 5 kulies. I barely ever see the kulies unless its feeding time or night. Everyone seems to be doing good, fish appear happy. Am I ok? If anything I would remove the cardinals because they have like zero personality.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you think I could add another cardinal tetra or 2? I am actually trying to get a female ram for my male to finish off the tank. Yeah, I have never really had much love for cardinals, sort of like that hot chick with no personality, "look at me, Im hot" lol.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Do you think I could add another cardinal tetra or 2? I am actually trying to get a female ram for my male to finish off the tank. Yeah, I have never really had much love for cardinals, sort of like that hot chick with no personality, "look at me, Im hot" lol.
I think you could get away with 5 more if you have a good biofilter and keep an eye on parameters. The more cardinals you have the more you'll enjoy them. They really look cool in a larger group.

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
IMO you're very heavily stocked and I suspect you'll have issues over time as the fish grow full size.

If you keep up with weekly 50% water changes you should be OK.

The ram and khuli loaches are fairly high-bioload fish compared to their size due to their eating habits and metabolisms.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I thought so. I think I'm going to move out the cardinals and the endlers. I think the tank would be best with 2 rams, 6 tetras, 5 loaches, and 2 ottos. Probably much more healthy for them all.

IMO you're very heavily stocked and I suspect you'll have issues over time as the fish grow full size.

If you keep up with weekly 50% water changes you should be OK.

The ram and khuli loaches are fairly high-bioload fish compared to their size due to their eating habits and metabolisms.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts