The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of my levels are fine but I am wondering if I am overstocked. I have in a 20g high planted, 1 ram, 2 endlers, 2 ottos, 6 flame tetras, 5 cardinals, and 5 kulies. I barely ever see the kulies unless its feeding time or night. Everyone seems to be doing good, fish appear happy. Am I ok? If anything I would remove the cardinals because they have like zero personality.

·
Registered
558 Posts
nah your stocking is fine as long as you stay on top of your water changes and filter management, cardinals tend to need more cardinal tankmates to have more personality.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you think I could add another cardinal tetra or 2? I am actually trying to get a female ram for my male to finish off the tank. Yeah, I have never really had much love for cardinals, sort of like that hot chick with no personality, "look at me, Im hot" lol.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Do you think I could add another cardinal tetra or 2? I am actually trying to get a female ram for my male to finish off the tank. Yeah, I have never really had much love for cardinals, sort of like that hot chick with no personality, "look at me, Im hot" lol.
I think you could get away with 5 more if you have a good biofilter and keep an eye on parameters. The more cardinals you have the more you'll enjoy them. They really look cool in a larger group.

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
IMO you're very heavily stocked and I suspect you'll have issues over time as the fish grow full size.

If you keep up with weekly 50% water changes you should be OK.

The ram and khuli loaches are fairly high-bioload fish compared to their size due to their eating habits and metabolisms.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I thought so. I think I'm going to move out the cardinals and the endlers. I think the tank would be best with 2 rams, 6 tetras, 5 loaches, and 2 ottos. Probably much more healthy for them all.

IMO you're very heavily stocked and I suspect you'll have issues over time as the fish grow full size.

If you keep up with weekly 50% water changes you should be OK.

The ram and khuli loaches are fairly high-bioload fish compared to their size due to their eating habits and metabolisms.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts