The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I gotta admit that my ego was in the way of admitting my tank is over stocked as of 2 days ago, cause I wasn’t feeling like having my neck wrung by all the fellow fish keepers who put a lot of pride in not overstocking their tanks. In my tank here I have a balloon molly, Dalmatian molly, one male guppy and 2 females an electric blue crayfish, and then on the left end I have a divider with quite a bit of plants, one dwarf cray, and 3 red cherry shrimp. Was wanting to even slap my female betta in there too so I can shut down her tank but I don’t know yet, I have diy co2, awesome grow light, 20 gallon air pump and a 20 gallon filter with onions growing out of it. So is there any tips or ways to maintain this tank, since I have these specific fish for breeding feeders (besides the Crays ) so I’m not really up to letting any go.

40 Posts
Be careful with the crayfishes. From what I read, crayfish will eat anything they can catch. Your fish probably won't survive for long in this setup. Electric blue crayfish also grow up to 4-6 inches and it would be kind of cramped in your aquarium. If you want to breed livebearers, I would recommend you to make them the only tankmates. Also, add a lot of plants to increase the survival rate of the fry. You would also have to get separate tanks for both the mini crayfish and electric blue crayfish if you are planning on keeping them. You would have to keep the crayfish separately because crayfish are cannibalistic and your dwarf crayfish probably won't have a chance against the larger electric blue cray.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts