The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i made a new misture for c02 yesterday added more then usual because i got more plants i left it overnight i check the tank this moring it was all find theat 4:00 i saw green little dots on the glass then i saw hair algae on my dwarf saggs
its a 5.5 gallon wif 21 watt of lights i havent check the cc02 cuz i dont know how to b.. but im going to buy new substrates and tank lightnin and stuff today then i discovered the algae i got 2 amano shrimps and 1 cherry i have taken out the c02 already it developed in about 5 hours or so
i got fancy guppies and shrimps alots of java moss on wood 2 big swords 8 dwarf saggs and tons of planted watersprites

how do i get rid of the algae b4 its too late

·
Registered
695 Posts
Spell check man use it . Well I think you should use excel to dose the co2 for your plants. Diy co2 can't really be counted on since it can't produce a stable amount of co2. What substrate and lighting are you planning on using?
You sound like you have alot of plants in there how about a picture ? Also you might need to dose ferts. Algae is only present when there aren't enough plants to compete for the nutrients in the water. How much fish/shrimp do you have in the tank ?

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea about that..i dose fert im plannin on using lesco prochoice clay and about lightnin i dont know yet
i haave 3 shrimps and around 10 junior guppies it started today atfer overload of c02

·
Registered
695 Posts
well just clean off the algae and don't add co2 using diy and maybe lower your lighting to about 10 watts since your plants aren't really high light plants

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
You have a nano tank there, and most of us use a light that is raised up over our nano tanks. If that is what you have, just raise the light higher to reduce the intensity. Seachem Excel would be an excellent idea. I use it on my 2.5 gallon nano. The amount needed for that small a tank makes it very economical and easy to dose.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i dont think so the light is weak and plus my water has tannin in it so the light is pretty low

1 - 7 of 7 Posts