5 Julie cory
1 peppered cory
1 albino cory
3 otocinclus
1 twig catfish
7 albino glow light tetra
4 glofish tetra
1 African dwarf frog
3? Baby ghost shrimp. Might all be fish food however...

Just wondering how I'm doing on stock, I'd like to get rid of the four glofish and get cardinal tetra, black phantom tetra, or more glow lights... Any idea of which and how many?

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Do not get black phantom tetras, they need fairly large schools and will be aggressive without.
I would suggest you remove the peppered cory and albino cory, cories are happiest when kept in schools of their own species.
The twig may be a bit cramped unless your aquascaping isn't too dense. If he can move around, he's fine.
You could get either a small school of cardinals or more glowlight tetras.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to http://aqadvisor.com/ I'm at 87% so I could add more to what I currently have... That means once these huge glofish are gone I'll be able to add some glowlights and black phantoms ��

Bump: Ah.. Cardinals it is

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
l would lose the random corries and trade them for two more of the school. And I would also get more glolight tetras. Both of these species prefer larger numbers. Plus, if you can find the cardinals.. be prepared for a possible disaster with die-offs. People are having trouble sourcing healthy cardinals at the moment. And, don't rely on a calculator for deciding stocking. Or, at that matter not even one inch per gallon.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Get a few less tetras and add another frog. They are social creatures and want company of their own kind.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Overstocked Tank?

Hello cold...

The question isn't really important, because you already have the fish. A 20 gallon tank is small no matter what's in there. You can have the best filtration system available, but it doesn't have the ability to remove the old, dirty water and replace it with new. It's just taking in toxic water and returning the water a bit less toxic.

The best thing you can do is work toward a more aggressive water change routine. Get to the point you're changing out half the water every few days. The water change is the true filter, not the mechanical thing attached to the tank.

Consider a larger tank. Your fish will appreciate it.

B

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do you test your nitrates? I got think they have to be elevate your load is pretty high. I use it as way to see how well my filter and w/c are doing to keep it under control.

I do, before I destroyed my biofilter they were about 5.0ppm and I have 20ppm in my tap water. So my tank is good I'm pretty sure, got 8 glowlights tonight:icon_surp

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Did you trade out your other fish or just add these 8 extras? If you just added them you might over load your system! Be careful and be prepared to test your water and do vigilant water changes!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.