The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, Happy easter and 420.

Okay so my tank is getting over grown and I don't know what to do with all the plant's to get any kind of a decent aqua scape.

The amazon sword is growing at an alarming rate and I think It may have to go.

The anacharis is going crazy and half of them came out of the substrate the other half rooted in good.

The tank is 10 gallons

plants,
anacharis
crypts
fissidens
wisteria
amazon sword
micro sword
LUDWIGIA REPENS
Alternanthera reineckii
java moss wall
java fern

1 large piece of drift wood 1 small piece

flaramax natural substrate

Like I said I don't know what to do with these plants now that i figured out how to grow them.

Here is a recent video of my tank I made to show my friend something about a fluval diffuser. But I show all the plants in the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75S3wFfaCVA

Attachments

·
Registered
921 Posts
I think it is a good looking tank.

In my opinion, some more hardscape (wood) and a black background would improve the tank a bit.

·
Registered
492 Posts
A lot of folks, me too, like the jungle look. Then there is the Dutch tank folks who like things orderly. You sound like a Dutchman with a jungle tank. :)
For not knowing what your doing you are doing it well. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
IMO. it looks like a mess because its missing a blk background.

If anything, move the sword to the left or back of the tank and the driftwood/java fern to the center.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
HI, Happy easter and 420.

Okay so my tank is getting over grown and I don't know what to do with all the plant's to get any kind of a decent aqua scape.

The amazon sword is growing at an alarming rate and I think It may have to go.

The anacharis is going crazy and half of them came out of the substrate the other half rooted in good.

The tank is 10 gallons

plants,
anacharis
crypts
fissidens
wisteria
amazon sword
micro sword
LUDWIGIA REPENS
Alternanthera reineckii
java moss wall
java fern

1 large piece of drift wood 1 small piece

flaramax natural substrate

Like I said I don't know what to do with these plants now that i figured out how to grow them.

Here is a recent video of my tank I made to show my friend something about a fluval diffuser. But I show all the plants in the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75S3wFfaCVA
Oh yeah love 420!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A lot of folks, me too, like the jungle look. Then there is the Dutch tank folks who like things orderly. You sound like a Dutchman with a jungle tank. :)
For not knowing what your doing you are doing it well. Keep up the good work.
Thank you for the kind words,

Jungle huh sounds good to me. Some say let it turn into a jungle :eek: I thought it was already overgrown. So just let it keep going for a while?

And I'll add a dark background, thanks for the suggestions. Oh and wouldn't this sword eventually out grow this tank completely? Sucks because I love my sword its like my centerpiece.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I just got a 30g tank. tomorrow my lights should be here. So I will be moving every thing over. Any tips to make the move easier?

I plan on taking the bio media out of the filter that's in the ten gallon and put it in the back of the new filter to help seed the beneficial bacteria.

I plan on sprinkling some osmocoat in the bottom of the new tank before I even add my substrate. Not alot, just a little.

I just don't know the best way to get all the cherry shrimp (tiny babies to} out of the ten and moved to the thirty. I have 2 otto's to that need to be moved over to, and they are flipping fast.

kinda scared of up rooting my plants especially my micro swords that are flowering and carpeting.

This is a pic of the ten gallon, taken 10 days after the first pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay so I have the 30g set up and replanted the plants. There are still 2 oto's and a bunch on rcs still the the ten gallon.

I'm worried about moving them over because this is a new set up. Only thing from the old tank in it is the plants and a piece of drift wood.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
you should move the filter and heater to the corner and it wouldn't stand out so much. Tank is looking good but still think the advice to get more hardscape would be good. also once the plants grow and you can trim and replant and keep filling it up it will look alot better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts