The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I'm using a 2217 with the stock spray bar... What other options do I have instead of using the spray bar? What are you guys using and where did you get it?

How would I improve my intank flow with out getting another cannister filter.. for a 75 gal... A power head?

Thanks Josh

·
Registered
399 Posts
Google search "Eheim outlet pipe" and "Eheim oxygen diffuser" those are a couple different options than the spraybar.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'd get a powerhead. It will give you a lot more flow that you can easily direct and control rather than trying to increase the output of your canister. I like the AquaClear brand of powerheads, dead silent and have good output.

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
This Eheim wide jet return pipe functions somewhat like the Lily pipes. It fits the 494 tubing on your 2217. It will provide more flow that a spray bar. It is Eheim part no: 4004700.

wide jet return: http://www.petblvd.com/cgi-bin/pb/EHP40047.html

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
output your canister to a RUGF and get a power head. that will keep your water very nice

RGUF? i am looking to increase flow to the lower sections of my tank... Would a power head be any good at this or should I just get the Koralia? With the Koralia I can stick it anywhere right?

Josh

·
Registered
499 Posts
RGUF? i am looking to increase flow to the lower sections of my tank... Would a power head be any good at this or should I just get the Koralia? With the Koralia I can stick it anywhere right?

Josh
RUGF= reverse undergravel filter, not what you are looking for, if you want more info search, I know Hoppy used/uses one for CO2 distrubution.

The Koralia can go anywhere in the tank. The Koralias are a type of of powerhead that is designed to move large quantities of water without concentrating it into a strong stream so it does not cause as much disruption to things like plants and substrate. Either a Koralia or a regular powerhead would do what you want but typically people seem to like the Koralias better in planted tanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts