The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey planted tank folks! I just flew from WI to Washington D.C for work. I will have a little free time to do some sight seeing. I was wondering if there are any local fish stores in town that are higher end? I looked for an aquarium and apparently D.C closed down there aquarium in 2012 or so. Is their any others in town? Besides fish tanks what else is a good time in this city? I will be going to see the Washington memorial, Lincoln and what ever else in that area. So folks what ya got? Share any experiences you had that you enjoyed or maybe thought was a little over blown? Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
If your looking for a public aquarium, your best bet is the National Aquarium at Baltimore. It's only about an hour drive from Washington DC. It can be somewhat expensive of a trip, since you'll pay for admission, also parking, and dining around there can be expensive.

The various museums that make up the Smithsonian are fantastic. You can spend days there seeing just what is on display.

There are so many other things to do, that you'll never run out.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Unfortunately, there aren't any LFS in Washington DC that I know of, let alone a nice one. Your best bet for a nice LFS is Congressional Aquarium in Rockville, MD. You can ride the Metro to the Twinbrook Station on the Red line but you would still need to figure out how to get to the store from the Metro. You could walk, but it's really cold and windy right now, so uber may be your best bet. Shouldn't cost more than $8-10.

They have a pretty decent selection of fish. Lots of stuff to look at. But like someone said, the Smithsonian is a world unto itself. The Museum of Natural History and the Air and Space Museum are my personal favorites.

Enjoy your trip!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts