66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Setup:
As of September 3rd 2011

Tank: 20 gallon
Lighting: Nova Extreme Dual T5 HO Fixture, 1 left over t8
Substrate: Eco-complete
Extras: Diy Co2, added nutrients
Deco: Bog wood and a little plastic skull that is covered in algae that has sentimental value
Plants: Ludwigia repens, Baby tears, 1 Amazon Sword,
Leopard Italian Val, Wisteria, Anubias Barteri (I believe)
Fish: Serpae Tetra's and White Clouds

Currently just going to let the plants run wild for awhile, keeping the Val trimmed a bit to not just cover the entire top of the tank. hopefully our patch of baby tears there will carpet.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wasn't looking to buy the baby tears, but well sometimes you just buy what happens to be at the store, and at 50 percent off today couldn't pass it up. Am anxious to see it slowly carpet the bottom. Hopefully the Wisteria gets tall enough to hide the back left corner of the tank. Decided to rip up the old grass like plant I had, just wasn't happy with how it was coming in. Then removed the penny wort cause well I had a feeling it was going to slowly become an annoyance more than anything. Figure the Italian Val will crawl over the top a bit and be fairly easy to maintain, just give it a hair cut from time to time.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope so, in theory it should work as planned. Though kind of wondering what I aim to do with the amazon sword once it starts to grow up. But I figure I can find somewhere to put it so that it fits in with everything else.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I was thinking about sticking it in that right corner there and just keeping it a bit trimmed with the Val. Or keeping it where it is and just cutting off some leaves that move too far to the west. Not real sure to be honest, figure i'll deal with that when it comes up for now its just a cute little green plant that found a new home and plans to get a hair cut in due time.

·
Registered
142 Posts
When your Amazon sword grows up, it will be time for your next tank. Tanks will slowiy take over your house until you realized you're gonna have to move. You need a bigger house!

Julia

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
/snickers/ Actually have been plotting another 55 gallon discus tank. Oh I miss my little heckel he was so cute when he was a baby. Lost that entire tank due to a power outage while away on vacation. Maybe i'll have the money to start on that when he gets big and I can just move him to a new home. I like the fish cave idea, maybe i'll look into a place with a basement and just become a hermit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.