The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As part of swapping 2 tanks into one, I'll have to relocate 2 ottos temporarily in my 15g, which is also home to a 3-4" Bristlenose Plec. The ottos don't really take algae wafers or vegetables, but the Plec will. Do you think the tank will be big enough for all 3 to graze on the algae, with the plec also eating wafers and veg?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
There should be enough algae to have ottos w/ BN plecos. You can supplement with vegetables / veggie wafers to cover your bases. I have a bunch of ottos (5-8?) with 1 BN pleco in my 90 gallon fish tank and they seem to do ok.

Driftwood would be good for the BN pleco as they like to chew on it all the time.

Both the otto and pleco should have full stomachs because they need to be constantly eating mostly vegetative matter in order to have enough energy. So if they start looking a bit skinny in that area then it might be time to supplement with more veggies.

I ran out of veggie wafers for about half a year now and I noticed they are still doing fine. What I noticed was they start working a lot harder to graze on surfaces ever since I stopped feeding algae wafers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.