The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Ottos are acting odd the are lined up at the top of the tank not eating anything the algea is coming back. I did dose about 3 days ago CO2 booster heavy but my air pump come on for 6 hours each night. looks like two died and when they swing they swim like freenzied.

WTF K

·
Registered
506 Posts
Isn't that CO2 booster just like formaldehyde or something horrible? Aerating at night really only works for plain old CO2. How long have you had the ottos? They are notoriously sensitive, and if you have only had them a short time, they could have been doomed from the start. If you have had them a while, then it's probably the CO2 booster.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
CO2 booster = Glutaraldehyde, not formaldehyde.

By dosing "heavy" do you mean overdosing? If so, do a water change and cut back on your CO2 booster. As for the algae, fix what causes the problem before treating it. My guess is that the lights are on for too long.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going to do a water change today they are still just hanging out right at the top of the tank in a little gang in one corner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.