The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its been 7 days since I have seen baby otto's. as of today they are still tiny but the tails are starting to color up a little. I cant take a picture because they are so small. they are in my shrimp tank so they wont get eaten. I heard they are hard to raise when they are this young...

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its not like i can feed them anything. im not cleaning the glass, hoping they eat the slimey stuff.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
good luck man

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
its not like i can feed them anything. im not cleaning the glass, hoping they eat the slimey stuff.
How is the decor like in the tank? Any plants?

Here's what I use. Take some Ken's Veggie Flake and Sticks and grind them up into a very fine powder. You can also add a bit of seaweed too.

Once in powder form, mix a small amount with tank water. Shake very well. Then pour out mix over plants and decor where you see the fry.

Here's a link to my journal. Might have some good info in there to help you out.

The Oto Journal

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks james. they are mostly on the glass. the eggs were in a different tank. I moved some mopano drift wood into my shrimp tank and the eggs were on it. im glad because they would have been food for my rams. i will post a pic of the tank they are in in a minute

1 - 9 of 9 Posts