The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I posted a thread earlier today on MFT about my oto being extremely fat and the other one not. Well I think my Oto may be pregnant!!!
I looked in my tank looking for the oto and then I saw it with bubble-like things come out of the rear. I have no idea what these are but I'm thinking they might be eggs. Here are the best pics I could get:

Closer shot(look closely):

What do you think?

Smalltank

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I think you do too, but I'm no expert with Otos. BUT THATS COOL!

I've heard they are very hard to breed if I recall, so congratulations even if it be unintentional. I hope your fry grow well!\]

LOL ninja'd!

·
Registered
365 Posts
I was told Oto's lay eggs similar to corydoras and therefore she has the eggs clamped by her fins- what they call the egg basket- she will attache these to plants and maybe on the glass of the tank. Good luck, hope they hatch.
ombooct

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, these two otos have been in my tank for almost a year now. The lights are off right now and I'm hoping to find eggs tomorrow morning when I wake up:D No, I had no intention on breeding them and you have to have near perfect water conditions for them to breed.
I have a huge clump of Java Moss and a big piece of driftwood that my otos go under(driftwood). So maybe the fry(if I get some) can hide in the Java Moss or under the driftwood.

Thanks for all the replies,
Smalltank

1 - 8 of 8 Posts