The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So everyone does Java Fern, Anubias and moss on driftwood. What are some other plants that grow and creep on driftwood? My anubias don't seem to like the higher light in the upper part of the tank and moss hates me apparently. Looking for some other fairly easy plants that I can add to my driftwood.

Thanks

·
Returning. Videotapes.
1,389 Posts
There can be varying levels of success growing numerous species on driftwood, ranging from HC to bucephalandra to stem plants. Truthfully, many plants are capable of growing on driftwood, but it depends on the type of driftwood, and the age of the driftwood as well. Softer (older) driftwood with plenty of deep striated grooves, nooks, holes, and so on are your best bet to grow species like HC, whereas harder (or newer) driftwood might be best suited to grow aroid species, such as anubias, Java Fern, and bucephalandra. Stem plants can typically root into small crack and fissures within differ driftwood types, and most stem plants have roots that are primarily only meant to anchor the plant down and keep it in one place.

In short, you have more options that you may realize.

PS- your Anubias would eventually adapt to the higher lighting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.