The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start off by saying two things:
1. Mods, I understand if you shut down this thread.
2. I love this forum; it has been the only regular forum I've gone on, since getting back into the aquarium hobby about four years ago.

However, my interests are focused much more on fish than on plants, so sometimes, I feel somewhat left out here. Unfortunately, the other fish forums I've discovered don't have nearly the traffic that TPT does, so they are much less dynamic forums.

To get to my question: Do any of you frequent other forums that would be worth visiting on a daily basis? Or even a two or three time a day basis, like I visit here? I feel like a betrayer of sorts for even asking this, but I hope you all understand.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
I felt the same way. Any particular type/group of fish you'd like a forum to base around?

Searching for groups on Facebook, they have a pretty active "forum"/group. And the cool thing is you just create that one FB account to access all the groups instead of creating an account for each forum.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I felt the same way. Any particular type/group of fish you'd like a forum to base around?

Searching for groups on Facebook, they have a pretty active "forum"/group. And the cool thing is you just create that one FB account to access all the groups instead of creating an account for each forum.
If you're holding me to specific fish on which to focus a forum, I'd pick South American of all sorts, but nothing in particular. That's part of the problem, there seems to be too many specialized forums not generating a lot of traffic, combine them all, and it would quite a dynamic forum.

I'm not a fan of facebook. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Monsterfishkeepers and AquariumAdvice for general needs, www.PRAquatics.com/forums for the nitty gritty talk with the smart people

Thanks! I'll go check these out.

·
Premium Member
Rank Amateur
1,367 Posts
We're just too good here :D That's why we get all the traffic!

But all kidding aside, yes, I do frequent quite a few resources myself even when it gets quiet here! You do present a valid point, we here are very plant centric, so it's understandable that you're searching.

And I can't imagine the reef guys sticking around on here for their reef fixes.

The presence of forums saves many who want to have a fish or animals at home. It would be interesting to create an application in your phone. Such a guide to care for pets.
Tapatalk on the mobile device does a pretty good job of sort of merging all your forums. Doesn't get around the problem of having to create an account for each forum though. Facebook's formatting of how conversations go annoy me too but good groups are on there. Good enough to bring me back to facebook after a few years of hiatus. Group browsing and participation is the only thing I use it for now.

@Discusluv , I think your input is requested! :D I know you've mentioned a few places in the past.

So, go, have adventures. Just remember where "home" is!

·
Premium Member
5,406 Posts
Praaquatics- best General fish care advice on net. It is a small forum as yet- still growing. But many very knowledgeable folks who have been in fish- keeping for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Facebook is active, but it's very wonky too, too many trolls. I go to Reddit as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts